Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Retreat

This morning I (Sue) left home for a weekend retreat with my local guild in Winchester, VA. I've never been to a retreat with this group, so not sure what's in store.  Here's the car all packed and ready to go.
I met up with a friend for a shop stop at Webfabrics in Purcellville. I hadn't been to this shop before and it was quite overwhelming.  Lots of other "retreaters" were here too.

Above is the shop and the things that found their way into my shopping bag.  Something new called Art Cloth - have to buy it to try it, right?
Folks are beginning to arrive and set up their sewing space for the weekend.
That's my space in the foreground.  I accomplished more than I expected in the first few hours.  There was a retreat assignment for everyone to make 2 blocks for soldier quilts.  I got those done first thing.  Then I started quilting on a baby charity quilt that I put together a few weeks ago.  It went a lot quicker than I thought it would, and I actually got all the quilting done!  Now it just needs a binding and it will be ready to turn over to the quilt collector.
That will be one completed project for April.  There are several more projects in my bag to work on this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment