Saturday, April 11, 2015

On a Roll

This retreat weekend has been very productive.  Today I worked on 3 projects.  I did some hand stitching on yesterday's project, completed a wall art piece, and assembled some squares and circles for a table runner.
 Above I did some stitching in a dark pink in the center of the cherry blossoms.  Below I started stitching the smaller blossoms in a lighter pink, but then decided to stop and save it for later; it's a good TV project.
 Next I had a print that I planned to mount on a canvas frame covered with fabric. The canvas was already covered; I just had to do some stitching on the screen print and stitch it to the canvas.


Then after lunch I was ready to tackle something new.  When packing my supplies, I spied a pack of 5" squares and another packet of pre-cut circles in my fabric cabinet.  They looked like they would play well together, so I threw them in the bag.
Here's what I ended up with.


 The circles are fused to the squares with MistyFuse.  I think it will make a very cheerful spring/summer table runner.  Haven't decided yet if it will have borders and how I'm going to stitch it - a work in progress.  All in all, a very productive 2 1/2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment