Thursday, April 30, 2015

April UFO Busting

It's time to link up with Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber again for April's UFO Busting report  in our quest to get some UFO's out of the studio.  Click on her badge on the sidebar for a direct link to her post about it.  At the end of every month Sue is doing a post about what she's accomplished that month, and linking it to Vicki's.

Sue's report:
April was a better month due in part to a 3 day guild retreat.  I was able to finish the baby quilt and turn it in to the charity quilt collector.  I pulled out a mixed media piece started a few years ago (not counted in the original count of UFOs so it will get added - and subtracted!) and finished it for a mixed media art exhibit.  I also completed another wall art piece.  So that's 3 projects completed!


In new starts, I took a modern quilting class with Jacquie Gering so have a new started project from that, as well as another new project I started at the retreat using up some pre-cut squares and circles.  I plan to make this a table runner.  I also made progress on a 12" square challenge quilt due in May, and sewed 1 more block for the plaid quilt.


Not bad - it helps to see progress by doing these posts!

For my end of month count, this is where things stand:
  • Projects in progress April 1 -9
  • Projects completed -3
  • New projects started -2
  • UFO's trashed - 0
  • Projects in progress April 30 - 8
Slowly but surely, things are getting done.  If only I could just focus on finishing the UFOs instead of starting new things, I'd get rid of more UFOs!  Oh well, a few more deadlines and new starts are coming up but hopefully I will be able to work in more time on finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment