Friday, March 6, 2015

February UFO Busting

It's time to link up with Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber again for February's UFO Busting report  in our quest to get some UFO's out of the studio.  Click on her badge on the sidebar for a direct link to her post about it.  At the end of every month I'll do a post about what I've accomplished that month, and link it to Vicki's.

February was a fairly productive month, although I've only reduced the UFO list by one. But at least I finished one!  For my end of month count, this is where things stand:
  • Projects in progress Feb. 1 -8
  • Projects completed - 4
  • New projects started - 4
  • UFO's trashed - 0
  • Projects in progress Feb. 28 -7
First up is the UFO I finished.  It was started two years ago, and after much procrastination is finally finished.  Since I wanted to enter it in a show, it had to get finished - deadlines are a great motivator.
I also made 2 baby ribbon blankets to give as gifts.  These are 15 inch squares with minkie on one side and flannel on the other, and various ribbons stitched into the seam.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures of them before I sent them off, so this pic of a past project will have to do.  This accounts for 2 new projects started and 2 finished.

Then I also started and finished a 12 inch quilt for a bee challenge, which accounts for another new start and finish.
And finally, I have another new start.  This is from a class I took at Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival with Frieda Anderson called Duluth Trees.  It is just the top, so counts only as a start, not a finish.

And there you have it, my count for February.  One less UFO, 3 additional completions, and 1 new start.  If I finish 1 UFO a month, I'll have all 7 done by the end of the year!  We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Your finish is wonderful and the new start is great!