Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ladyfingers Sewing Studio

Nestled in the rural farmlands of the Oley Valley in Berks County, PA, is a shop called Ladyfingers Sewing Studio.  This was Sue's second stop in the Row By Row shop hop. 
This shop is owned by Gail Kessler who is the designer of over 140 colors of Dimples for Andover Fabrics.  Located in the restored 1860 Griesemersville Hotel which served travelers between Reading and Philadelphia, I was greeted by some feathered friends (although I'm not sure this guy was being friendly!)
But I immediately understood the reason for the chickens that are part of their row.
I had been to this shop before with my mother, who lives about 25 minutes away, but it has been a number of years since my last visit.  It is every bit as delightful as I remember, with an abundant supply of fabric, patterns, books, notions and Benina sewing machines.  Truly a feast of color.


After purchasing a kit with pattern for the row and a license plate, and taking a short look look around, I was ready to move on to my next stop.
My feathered friends were still wandering the parking lot outside.
Turning left out of the parking lot, I followed the Oley Turnpike to my next turn onto Covered Bridge Road - an obvious clue to what came next that I didn't pick up on until it was right in front of me - duh!
And also another connection to the Ladyfingers row design.  I traversed the covered bridge and continued through the scenic countryside to my next destination.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely area for a fabric/sewing shop. I am looking forward to Sue's completed "row by row" quilt. I am moving from Florida to Michigan and my sewing stuff is packed. So I will not be able to participate but I have collected 2 patterns from my favorite shops in Sarasota and will do the same for 3 of my favorite ones in Michigan and will use more sashing this time. I will use the plates as backing or maybe in the top. I will be ready next year.

    ReplyDelete