Saturday, March 5, 2016

UFO Busting

It's time for my (Sue's) monthly UFO busting report for February and a link to Vicki Welsh's page.  Again this month I did not complete any UFOs.  Sewing time was in short supply as I was busy with other things like income tax, retreat/meeting planning, purchases for bathroom renovation and spending several days at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival.  However I do have one new start and made progress on another hand stitching project.  I won't share the new start just yet - it's my challenge entry for our retreat at the end of April - but I can show the almost finished "mock mola" that I've been working on. 
This is from a workshop I took in March of 2015.  You can see I'm almost finished filling the background.  Then I just have to decide what I'm going to do with it!  It could become part of a quilt, a piece of wall art, a pillow top - who knows.  Fits right in with the "slow stitching" movement and has given me something to work on when I go to my church quilt group, where we do only hand stitching, or knitting, or cross stitch


March will probably be another month with no finishes, though I may get the challenge project done.  I have another piece to make for my art bee group for the beginning of April, so if I find time to do it, that will be another new start. 

Starting UFO count: 11
New projects started this month: 1
Projects finished this month:0
UFO count at end of month:12

No comments:

Post a Comment