Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happpy New Year!

It's that time again - the end of one year and the beginning of the new - 2015.  I have been reflecting as most of us do on the year just ending and goals for the next.  One goal we have as PG Fiber2Art is to clarify our business expectations and work to build on the successes of 2014.  To that end we will be participating in the Creative Arts Business Summit this spring, as well as a "business boot camp" for the first 3 months of 2015.  Hopefully that will help us clarify where we want to go with PG Fiber2Art and fabric surface design!

Another thing I have determined to do in the new year is to get some UFO's off the "to do" list.  Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber is hosting a UFO Bust on her blog for 2015, where you can link up to join her in this pursuit.  The extra accountability is always a motivator for me, so I will likely be doing this, as well as nagging my partner Elizabeth to join up and finish a piece called Forest Floor.  For me I have actually gotten a start on this by pulling out a project that's been waiting to be finished.  I call it Winter Oaks, and would like to submit it for a show, so that's another motivator there - nothing like a deadline to get things moving.   I'm thinking that a realistic goal would be to promise myself that I have to finish one project for every new one I start.  We'll see how that goes!

Here are a couple of shots of quilting progress on Winter Oaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment