Monday, February 20, 2017

Belated Valentine from Elizabeth

I haven’t written a post in a while.  My day job is always busiest in January and February and I honestly haven’t felt very creative lately.  I find myself constantly reminding my brain that I must persist and honor any creative impulse.  You might remember from back at the new year that persist was my chosen word for the year.  With that in mind, I have been experimenting a bit on “SuperBaby” my Babylock Destiny sewing machine; while not really making projects I have made some stitch samples.  Honestly, they make me feel a bit melancholy because while I have always stitched out samples on my embroidery machines, I used to give them ‘by the bag full’ to my mother who made table toppers, pot holders, etc. from many of them.  She’s gone now, so I’m sometimes at a loss for what to do with my sample stash.

Here are a few things which have been under my needle, mostly Valentine Day themed.
A new design from a recent upgrade.
Some quilting motifs from AnitaGoodesign.

And a mug rug for my sister.

Having taught our printing class again at Artistic Artifacts recently and looking ahead to an open studio class in April, I hope to get back to using some paint on fabric again soon.

1 comment:

  1. We are never ready for our mothers to leave us. We carry the sadness for as long as it takes and the memories forever. Your mom sounds like a treasure. I think the perfect opportunity will arise for your stitch sample stash. Peace.

    ReplyDelete