Friday, November 6, 2015

UFO Busting for October

In the quest to get some UFO's out of the studio, we have joined Vicki Welsh's UFO Busting initiative.  Here is Sue's report for October:

I think I'm on time this month for my UFO Busting link - yeah!  And I actually have something to report! October was definitely a better month than September. First I finished my exhibit piece for "Fly Me to the Moon".  This is an "in the works" book and touring quilt exhibit that will commemorate the first moon walk being led by Susanne Miller Jones, but we are not allowed to share pictures yet.  What I will share is a picture of the label, so you can see it's actually done.  That's my one previously started/now finished project.

In addition, I had an art bee challenge to make a self-portrait (yesterday's post reveal).  I actually made two 12 inch squares for this challenge - the photo-to-fabric portrait, and a screen printed version.  These were both new starts, but also finishes, so my overall UFO count did not grow, in fact it decreased by 1.  Progress!


Check out the other UFO Busters links on Vicki's blog at Field Trips in Fiber.   


So, for my end of month count, this is where things stand:
  • Projects in progress October 1 - 8
  • Projects completed -3
  • New projects started - 2
  • UFO's trashed - 0
  • Projects in progress October 31 - 7
I'm at a quilt retreat this weekend, so I plan to make progress on a couple of UFO's I brought along.  But alas, they are big projects so won't be anywhere near done.  And I may start and finish a few small things - we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful self portrait! Looking forward to the exhibit reveal.

    ReplyDelete