Friday, June 7, 2024

I'm a Cover Girl!

Exciting news!  Sue here.  I'm honored and thrilled to announce that my quilt, "Red Bird and Berries", is on the cover of the summer issue of Quilting Arts magazine!  


It is a detail of the full quilt which appears in the Invitational Readers Challenge published in this issue.  Below is an image of the full quilt.


The Invitational Challenge was a special challenge to artists who have been published in Reader Challenges in the last 2 years.  There was no particular theme, just submit your best work.  The piece includes cyanotype prints, indigo dyeing using shibori techniques, thermofax printing, machine and hand stitching.  I was thrilled to be selected to be published; never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate being selected for the cover!  

There is a page up on the Quilting Daily website with more info about the summer issue and there is also a video interview I did with Kristine Lundblad, Managing Editor of Quilting Arts.  Digital copies of the magazine are available now at the link above or print copies will be available on newsstands June 18.  If you have a subscription, your copy should arrive about mid-month.  Looks like lots of great articles to dive into.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment